This is usually a one year programme (but can be longer) for supervisors and managers who already have a level of experience in leading a team and who are looking to develop their skills & knowledge. There are many options within the programme, so that the training can be tailored to suit your individual needs, but the apprenticeship would typically include things like:
- Planning and allocating work to team members.
- Monitoring and improving the quality of work in your team.
- Problem solving.
- Setting objectives for your team.
- Developing your working relationships with colleagues and other managers.
Plus many other options such as leadership skills, encouraging innovation and managing change at work, depending on the needs of your business and your apprentice.
The apprenticeship will include achievement of:
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Standard.
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English / Maths (although exemptions may apply).
- The NCFE Level 3 Certificate in ‘Principles of Management’ can be included as an optional extra qualification.
To be eligible, the apprentice must:
- Be working in a suitable environment with appropriate opportunities to develop their management skills.
- Be employed with at least a one year contract.
- Be working at least 30 hours per week.
- Be aged 16 or over.
Read more about Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship on instituteforapprenticeships.org, or for more details contact Gold Standard.