This is usually a one year programme (but can be longer) for administrators who already have a level of experience in an administrative environment, and who are looking to develop their skills & knowledge. There are many options within the programme, so that the training can be tailored to suit your individual needs, but the apprenticeship would typically include things like:
- Planning & organising your work.
- Verbal & written communication skills.
- Problem solving.
- The importance of diversity, confidentiality and minimising waste at work.
- Managing quality and continuous improvement.
Plus many other options such as skills in customer service, running a team, information management, designing documents, depending on the needs of your business and your apprentice.
The apprenticeship will include achievement of:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard.
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English / Maths (although exemptions may apply).
- The NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration can be included as an optional extra qualification.
To be eligible, the apprentice must:
- Be working in a suitable environment with appropriate opportunities to develop their administration skills.
- Be employed with at least a one year contract.
- Be working at least 30 hours per week.
- Be aged 16 or over.
Read more about Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship on instituteforapprenticeships.org, or for more details contact Gold Standard.