This is usually a one year programme (but can be longer) for customer focussed employees who already have a level of experience in a customer service environment and who are looking to develop their skills and knowledge. There are many options within the programme, so that the training can be tailored to suit your individual needs, but the apprenticeship would typically include things like:
- Planning & organising your work.
- Communicating with customers.
- Solving customer problems.
- Making a positive impression of yourself and your organisation.
Plus many other options such as skills in improving and developing customer service in your organisation, building customer relationships and promoting your business, depending on the needs of your business and your apprentice.
The apprenticeship will include achievement of:
- Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Standard.
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English / Maths (although exemptions may apply).
- The NCFE Level 3 Certificate in ‘Principles of Customer Service’ can be included as an optional extra qualification.
- The Propertymark Level 3 Award in ‘Residential Letting & Property Management’ can be included as an optional extra qualification.
To be eligible, the apprentice must:
- Be working in a suitable environment with appropriate opportunities to develop their customer service skills.
- Be employed with at least a one year contract.
- Be working at least 30 hours per week.
- Be aged 16 or over.
Read more about Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship on instituteforapprenticeships.org, or for more details contact Gold Standard.