This is usually a one year programme for negotiators and administrators who are just embarking on their career in an estate agency. There are many options within the programme, so that the training can be tailored to suit your individual needs, but the apprenticeship would typically include things like;
- An introduction to the importance of safety and security.
- An introduction to the legislation relating to estate agency.
- Professional conduct in estate agency.
- Marketing property such as displays and property details.
- Organising viewings, market appraisals and the registration of applicants.
- Accompanied viewings.
Plus many other options depending on the needs of your business and your apprentice. All apprentices will be eligible to apply for student membership of Propertymark.
The apprenticeship will include achievement of:
- Level 2 Propertymark Junior Estate Agent Standard.
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in English / Maths (although exemptions may apply).
- The Propertymark Level 3 Award in ‘Sale of Residential Property’ can be included as an optional extra qualification.
To be eligible, the apprentice must:
- Be working in a suitable environment with appropriate opportunities to develop their estate agency skills.
- Be employed with at least a one year contract.
- Be working at least 30 hours per week.
- Be aged 16 or over.
Read more about Level 2 Junior Estate Agent Apprenticeship on instituteforapprenticeships.org, or for more details contact Gold Standard.