This is usually a one year programme for members of the team who are just embarking on their career in a customer service environment. This could be face to face contact with customers, or via telephone, e-mail etc. There are many options within the programme, so that the training can be tailored to suit your individual needs, but the apprenticeship would typically include things like:
- Planning & organising your work.
- Communicating with customers.
- Solving customer problems.
- Making a positive impression of yourself and your organisation.
Plus many other options depending on the needs of your business and your apprentice.
The apprenticeship will include achievement of:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard.
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in English / Maths (although exemptions may apply).
- The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in ‘Principles of Customer Service’ can be included as an optional extra qualification.
- The Properytmark Level 3 Award in ‘Residential Letting & Property Management’ can be included as an optional extra qualification.
To be eligible, the apprentice must:
- Be working in a suitable environment with appropriate opportunities to develop their customer service skills.
- Be employed with at least a one year contract.
- Be working at least 30 hours per week.
- Be aged 16 or over.
Read more about Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship on instituteforapprenticeships.org, or for more details contact Gold Standard.